Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hmm..

I've gone yet another couple days without posting.. I've had so much planned for this site but it's honestly very emotionally difficult to get myself to do it. Along with all the other things going on in my life it's just something I'm struggling to do. I won't give up on it, though. I promised myself success and I'm trying to make it happen. I keep going through this process of 5 days progress, ruining it. 3 more days progress, ruining it. 2 days progress, ruining it. 2 MORE days progress.. you get the idea. Last night I did quite a decent amount of damage. I currently haven't pulled in oh, let's say.. eighteen hours, fifteen..er.. sixteen minutes. (thank you stop watch for that information.) Anyway, we shall see how that goes. I am still taking the NAC, and I do notice a large amount of improvement in my urges still. It could be in my mind, but irregardless I'm still happy with it.

I've felt such a strange amount of stress surrounding my life recently that it's making it harder to tackle Trich. It's pretty well known that people with Trich are more likely to have things like depression, social issues, body issues, ect. I have all of those, specifically body issues. I've always been quite self-conscious due to my Trich, and thanks to that I've developed a lovely little eating habit that has progressively made me significantly overweight. It's mainly been to soothe myself when I'm feeling down, but I think it's also a mechanism of keeping people from getting close enough to notice my eyelashes. I mean, who wants face to face contact with someone who is overweight? It's silly, I know. This just goes to prove that Trich has invaded every corner of my life.

I'm very overwhelmed at the moment. If you have a few minutes, check out this girls video. She also has another one regarding Trich. This video is basically expressing her struggle with pulling out her hair. I may not pull from the same place as her, but it was very emotional for me to watch this since I feel a lot of the times the same struggle.



I think that's all for tonight.

Savannah
A Trichy Life

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I somehow came across your blog in my search for help. Thanks for starting it. I am 43 years old and have had this disorder for 4 years. I cant stop! I am hoping your blog inspires me. I just dont know where to start. I keep saying to myself, "this is the day I stop" and of course it doesnt work.
    Also, I have had stomach issue in the past. I had the gall bladder test done and it did come back that my gall bladder was not working properly, but I didnt have stones or anything. The Dr. wanted to hold off on surgery and gave me Nexium to take daily. Since, I have not had the problems as severe. Again, it could have just been in my head and maybe just stress related. But maybe not. Looking forward to making progress along with you! Best of Luck! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Savannah...you still with me girl? :) We haven't officailly met, but our connection is strong. I've been a puller for 25 years now. Hard to believe. Eyelashes & brows only. I've had tattooing done on both areas, and that was a big waste of money. My personal dilemma is that I can't imagine wearing my makeup, like I am now, in my 40's, 50's etc. I am going to give it a shot to focus on letting them grow back and see what happens. I'm sure there is quite a bit of permanent damage, but for some reason, for the first time in my life, I REALLY WANT to stop pulling. I think I've always felt that I NEEDED to pull to be sane...but I don't think that anymore. I know you're still struggling (or you be blogging up a storm), but don't give up hope young lady!! We can do this. Where are you? I'm in Manitoba, Canada. Take it easy and hope to hear from you soon... Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..i dont know if someone will ever read this but guys we can beat it..and I'm alive to prove it. I started pulling out my hair when i was nine to the point people would ask me if i had cancer. I had a very low self-esteem and felt that pulling out my hair was a relieve. Until i got tired of it and tried to stop several times but i was never successful. The only thing that made me stop was God, so my advice is seek and worship the lord and he will help you. As I said, no one told me about this..I went through it and was bullied for it but only God healed my wounds. May God bless you all :)

    ReplyDelete